Tuesday, April 25, 2017

We Bought a Tree

Good Morning. The Garden Spot is awash with sunlight, all clean and pretty after sweet rain. One of Mother's miracles is her ability to bring the green to the landscape after a long, cold, dull brown winter. The locusts trees at the back o the house are leafing out and soon the little migrating warblers will be picking them for bugs.

Inside it has been a little more bleak for me. I came down with the worst cold that I have had in years. Not one to get sick often, this one has been a doosey. I am on the mend this morning, so I thought I would share the only two photos that I took last week. The Head Gardener and I went tree shopping.


It's hard to choose when you have such huge choice of trees: row after row after row. Some leafed out, some blooming, some in full color. While not a very good photo, we had decided before we went shopping which tree we wanted, a Russian Hawthorn that will have a nice rounded shape, white flowers, and red berries. We chose this one to offset all of the pine trees on the property and to attract the beautiful masked Cedar Waxwings. The HG has yet to plant it, so when he does, I'll take better photos. That's my tree there with the red "Sold" tag. I love it already.

Thanks for joining me today. I'll be joining Mosaic Monday.

9 comments:

  1. Hello Ann, it would be hard for me to choose a tree with so many there to pick from. The hawthorn sounds like a great choice, especially if it attracts the beautiful Waxwings. Thanks for the comment and visit. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up Russian Hawthorn, it's not in the many varieties listed for Ontario gardens. When we planted the trees in our small yard, they all had to have some value for birds or wildlife and the cedar waxwings frequent the yard when the berries are produced. Beautiful birds!
    Sorry you came down with such a bad cold, hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your nasty cold, Ann! Prayers for clear headed days ahead.
    Cedar waxwings! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! It looks like it will be beautiful. I'm sorry about your cold too. I am the same way...rarely sick...but I got a terrible cold about a month ago and was sick for a week. The bad thing is...I still have an irritating dry cough. So keep a stock of cough drops handy! Get well soon my friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well chosen, Ann! Hope you will be totally back to normal soon, sorry for not having replied but will do so soon. All the best, Anke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I look forward to the tree planting photos. Thanks. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful! I just had to write and congratulate a sister tree-lover. I will look forward to your next pictures of your Russian Hawthorn, but I don't think I can wait to look it up myself...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, sorry to hear that you've not been well, I hope you're feeling better now. We have several Hawthorne trees in the garden not sure of their nationality but they're probably French!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be interested to see this tree in bloom!

    ReplyDelete

Back in the Swing of Things

 Well, hello friends. My only post for the year was in March when I declared, "I'm Back." I really didn't go any place; I ...